- Serving: 1
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 823
- Fat Content: 44g
- Saturated Fat Content: 25g
- Carbohydrate Content: 79g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Sodium Content: 2.19g
Prawn & coconut laksa
- oil - 2 tsp oil
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- spring-onion - 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- ginger - 2 tsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- chilli - 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- lime - juice from 1/2 lime
- prawn - 100g raw prawns, any size
- coconut-milk - 165ml can coconut milk
- vegetable-stock - 100ml chicken or vegetable stock
- egg-noodle - 100g dried egg noodles
- coriander - chopped coriander, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok. When hot, throw in the garlic, spring onion, ginger and green chilli. Cook on a medium heat for 3-4 mins, then squeeze in your lime juice.
- Stir in the prawns, then add in the coconut milk and stock. Simmer gently for 5 mins on a low heat until the prawns are pink.
- Meanwhile, cook your egg noodles in a pan of boiling water for 4 mins until soft. Drain, then tip into the laksa pan. Season to taste, then serve in a bowl, topped with coriander.
Student recipe for 1 people, takes only 8 mins; recipe has oil, garlic clove, spring onion, ginger, chilli, lime, prawn, coconut milk, vegetable stock, egg noodle and coriander.