- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 228
- Fat Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 1.6g
Prawn & pink grapefruit noodle salad
- rice-noodle - 200g thin rice noodle (vermicelli)
- cherry-tomato - 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- fish-sauce - 1 tbsp fish sauce
- lime - juice 1 lime
- palm-sugar - 2 tsp palm sugar or soft brown sugar
- red-chilli - 1 large red chilli, 1/2 diced, 1/2 sliced
- pink-grapefruit - 2 pink grapefruits, segmented
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and thinly sliced
- carrot - 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- spring-onion - 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- prawn - 400g cooked large prawn
- mint - large handful mint, leaves picked
- coriander - large handful coriander, leaves picked
- Put the noodles in a bowl, breaking them up a little, and cover with boiling water from the kettle. Leave to soak for 10 mins until tender. Drain, rinse under cold running water, then leave the noodles to drain thoroughly.
- In the same bowl, lightly squash the cherry tomatoes - we used the end of a rolling pin. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and diced chilli. Taste for the right balance of sweet, sour and spicy - adjust if necessary (see tip, below).
- Toss through the noodles, then add all the remaining ingredients, except the sliced chilli. Season and give everything a good stir, then divide the noodle salad between 6 serving dishes and sprinkle over the chilli before serving.
Dairy-free lunch recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has rice noodle, cherry tomato, fish sauce, lime, palm sugar, red chilli, pink grapefruit, cucumber, carrot, spring onion, prawn, mint and coriander.