- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 290
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
Prosciutto, kale & butter bean stew
- prosciutto - 80g pack prosciutto, torn into pieces
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- fennel-bulb - 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic clove, crushed
- chilli-flakes - 1 tsp chilli flakes
- thyme-sprigs - 4 thyme sprigs
- white-wine - 150ml white wine or chicken stock
- butter-beans - 2 x 400g cans butter beans
- cherry-tomatoes - 400g can cherry tomatoes
- kale - 200g bag sliced kale
- Fry the prosciutto in a dry saucepan over a high heat until crisp, then remove half with a slotted spoon and set aside. Turn the heat down to low, pour in the oil and tip in the fennel with a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 mins until softened, then throw in the garlic, chilli flakes and thyme and cook for a further 2 mins, then pour in the wine or stock and bring to a simmer.
- Tip both cans of butter beans into the stew, along with their liquid, then add the tomatoes, season well and bring everything to a simmer. Cook, undisturbed, for 5 mins, then stir through the kale. Once wilted, ladle the stew into bowls, removing the thyme sprigs and topping each portion with the remaining prosciutto.
Healthy winter recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has prosciutto, olive oil, fennel bulb, garlic clove, chilli flakes, thyme sprigs, white wine, butter beans, cherry tomatoes and kale.