- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 12
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 383
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 5g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 38g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
- smoked-paprika - 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ground-cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- pepper - 2 tsp pepper
- brown-sugar - 2 tsp brown sugar
- salt - 1 tsp salt
- cider - 2 medium mugfuls of cider
- pork - boneless shoulder of pork (about 2 1/2 kg)
- barbecue-sauce - a mugful of a good smoky barbecue sauce
- roll - soft white rolls
- coleslaw - coleslaw (see 'Goes well with...' below)
- Mix together 2 tsp each smoked paprika, ground cumin, pepper, and brown sugar, plus 1 tsp salt. Rub over the 2.5kg boneless shoulder of pork.
- Put the pork in a big casserole dish, skin-side up, and pour in 2 medium mugfuls of cider.
- Cover with a lid and cook in the oven at 150C/130C fan/gas 2 for anywhere between 4 and 8 hrs until falling apart. Check every few hours in case it gets dry - if it does, add another mugful of cider.
- Take it out of the oven and put the meat in a big dish, leaving the liquid in the casserole.
- Cut the skin off, then shred the meat using two forks. Ditch any fatty bits, and skim any excess fat off the surface of the sauce.
- Add a mugful of a good smoky BBQ sauce to the casserole, mix it in, then ladle some into a bowl for dipping.
- Put the pulled pork back in the casserole with the juices so it stays moist. Season to taste.Can be made one day ahead.
- Serve in soft white rolls with coleslaw and the bowl of juices on the side for 'French dipping' the sandwich while you're eating.
Sharing recipe for 12 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has smoked paprika, ground cumin, pepper, brown sugar, salt, cider, pork, barbecue sauce, roll and coleslaw.