- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 123
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- pumpkin - 1 small pumpkin (about 500g)
- olive-oil - olive oil, for roasting
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- lemon - 1/2 lemon, juiced
- tahini-paste - 2 tbsp tahini paste
- chickpeas - 400g can chickpeas, drained
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded, and sliced
- yellow-pepper - 1 yellow pepper, deseeded, and sliced
- breadsticks - mini breadsticks and pitta chips, to serve
- Cut the top off the pumpkin, about two-thirds of the way up. Remove the pumpkin seeds, then scoop the flesh out of the bottom and the lid.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut the pumpkin flesh into pieces and put in a roasting tin with the garlic and a good glug of oil. Season, then bake for 45 mins until very tender. Leave to cool.
- Tip the pumpkin into afood processorwith any juices from the roasting tin and the garlic. Add the lemon juice, tahini paste and chickpeas. Season with salt and blend to a paste - add a little more oil if it's too thick. Scoop the hummus back into the pumpkin and serve with the peppers, breadsticks and pitta chips.
Halloween recipe for 8 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has pumpkin, olive oil, garlic clove, lemon, tahini paste, chickpeas, red pepper, yellow pepper and breadsticks.