- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 386
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 43g
- Sugar Content: 30g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4.3g
- Sodium Content: 0.45g
Pumpkin passion cupcakes
- sunflower-oil - 175ml sunflower oil
- muscovado-sugar - 175g light muscovado sugar
- egg - 3 large eggs
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pumpkin - 200g coarsely grated pumpkin or butternut squash flesh
- sultana - 100g sultanas
- orange - grated zest 1 orange
- cinnamon - 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- self-raising-flour - 200g self-raising flour
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- cream-cheese - 200g tub full-fat cream cheese
- icing-sugar - 85g icing sugar
- pecan - toasted chopped pecans to decorate (optional)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases. Pour the oil into a large bowl and add the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat together, then add the grated pumpkin, sultanas and orange zest.
- Stir in the cinnamon, flour and bicarbonate of soda, the mixture will be quite wet. Spoon into the cases. Bake for 25 mins until firm and springy to the touch and a skewer inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. At this stage you can freeze the cakes for 4 months.
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth then spread on top of the cupcakes. Leave plain or decorate with toasted pecans. Store in the fridge, but return to room temperature to serve for the best flavour and texture.
Halloween cake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has sunflower oil, muscovado sugar, egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin, sultana, orange, cinnamon, self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda, cream cheese, icing sugar and pecan.