- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 286
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 1.48g
Quinoa, lentil & feta salad
- quinoa - 200g quinoa
- olive-oil - 1 tsp olive oil
- shallot - 1 shallot or 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- tarragon - 2 tbsp tarragon, roughly chopped
- lentil - 14oz 400g can Puy or green lentils rinsed and drained
- cucumber - 1/4 cucumber, lightly peeled and diced
- feta-cheese - 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- spring-onion - 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- orange - zest and juice 1 orange
- white-wine-vinegar - 1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- Cook the quinoa in a large pan of boiling water for 10-15 mins until tender, drain well, then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan, then cook the shallot or onion for a few mins until softened. Add the tarragon, stir well, then remove from the heat.
- Stir the softened shallot and tarragon into the cooled quinoa along with the lentils, cucumber, feta, spring onions, orange zest and juice and vinegar. Toss well together and chill until ready to serve.
High protein lunch recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has quinoa, olive oil, shallot, tarragon, lentil, cucumber, feta cheese, spring onion, orange and white wine vinegar.