- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 244
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Radish, lentil & mint salad
- walnut-piece - 50g walnut pieces
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- red-onion - 1 red onion, sliced
- black-treacle - 1 tsp black treacle
- sherry-vinegar - 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- mint - small pack mint, leaves picked and half chopped
- green-lentil - 400g can green lentils, drained and rinsed
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- radish - 300g radishes, some left whole, others sliced and chopped (try to use a mixture of varieties, such as mooli and red meat radishes - see tip)
- Toast the walnut pieces in a large frying pan over a medium heat until fragrant and just starting to char at the edges. Tip into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, turn the heat down to low and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the onion, fry gently for around 10 mins until soft, then take the pan off the heat. Add the black treacle, Sherry vinegar and the rest of the olive oil, then mix and leave to cool. Add the chopped mint to the pan, and season well.
- In a large bowl, mix together the lentils, cucumber and half the radishes, then pour over the cooled onion and mint dressing. Toss everything together and pile onto a serving dish. Scatter over the walnut pieces and the rest of the mint and radishes, then serve.
Healthy dinner party recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has walnut piece, olive oil, red onion, black treacle, sherry vinegar, mint, green lentil, cucumber and radish.