- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 8 - 10
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 422
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 64g
- Sugar Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Raspberry, chocolate & hazelnut breakfast bread
- fast-action-dried-yeast - 2 x 7g sachets fast-action dried yeast
- flour - 600g '00' flour, sponge flour or plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- golden-caster-sugar - 50g golden caster sugar
- milk - 400ml warm milk
- salted-butter - 50g melted salted butter, plus extra for greasing and to serve
- large-egg - 1 large egg, beaten
- nutella - 200g jar Nutella, plus extra to serve (optional)
- raspberries - 200g raspberries
- hazelnut - 1-2 tbsp chopped hazelnut
- granulated-sugar - 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- raspberry-jam - raspberry jam, to serve
- Up to 3 days before you want to bake (and best if at least 1 day), mix the yeast, 400g of the flour, the sugar and 1 tsp salt in a big bowl. Whisk together the milk, melted butter and egg, then tip into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon. Cover tightly with greased cling film and chill at least overnight or up to 3 days.
- When you're ready to finish the bread, heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Add the remaining flour to the dough and use your hands to mix in. Tip onto a lightly floured surface and lightly knead to completely bring together. Roll out with a little more flour to a 50 x 30cm rectangle. Spread the Nutella all over the dough. Scatter the raspberries evenly over, then press lightly with your hands so they stick into the dough a bit.
- With a long side facing you, roll up as tightly as you can (like a Swiss roll). Use a sharp knife, dusted with a little flour, to cut the roll in half down the length - but not quite through at one end, so the 2 strips are still joined. Twist the 2 strips together, then bring the ends together to make a wreath, pinching the ends together to stick. Lift onto a baking sheet, scatter with the hazelnuts and granulated sugar, and bake for 30-40 mins until browned and crusty.
- Cool until just warm. Serve with butter, raspberry jam and extra Nutella, if you like.
Christmas brunch recipe for 8 – 10 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has fast-action dried yeast, flour, golden caster sugar, milk, salted butter, large egg, nutella, raspberries, hazelnut, granulated sugar and raspberry jam.Add to Favourites