- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Serving: 20
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 319
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 41g
- Sugar Content: 30g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Raspberry & pistachio tea cake
- pistachio - 150g shelled pistachios
- golden-caster-sugar - 275g golden caster sugar
- butter - 250g butter, softened
- egg - 3 eggs
- self-raising-flour - 275g self-raising flour
- greek-yogurt - 75g Greek yogurt
- milk - a little milk, if needed
- sugar-flowers - sugar flowers, pearl sugar or sprinkles, to decorate (optional)
- raspberry - 150g raspberries
- icing-sugar - 300g icing sugar
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 15 x 25cm cake tin. Put the pistachios in afood processorwith half the sugar and blitz until the nuts are finely chopped. Tip into a bowl, add the remaining sugar and the butter and beat with an electricwhiskuntil creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, then beat in the flour and yogurt until smooth, adding some milk if it's too thick.
- Spoon the batter into the tin, level and bake for 50-55 mins, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 15 mins, then turn the cake out onto a board. Remove and discard the baking parchment, then leave to cool completely. Cut into neat squares.
- To make the icing, put the raspberries in a pan with 2 tbsp water and cook briefly until soft and juicy. Push the mixture through a sieve and discard any pips. Whisk in the sugar until you have a smooth pink icing.
- Pour the icing over the cooled cake, then decorate with the sugar flowers, pearl sugar or sprinkles, if you like. Leave to set before serving.
Kids’ baking recipe for 20 people, takes only 55 mins; recipe has pistachio, golden caster sugar, butter, egg, self-raising flour, greek yogurt, milk, sugar flowers, raspberry and icing sugar.