- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 516
- Fat Content: 43g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.31g
Real Spanish omelette
- Scrape 500g new potatoes or leave the skins on, if you prefer.Cutthem into thick slices.Chop1 onion.
- Heat 150ml extra-virgin olive oil in a largefrying pan, add the potatoes and onion and stew gently, partially covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are softened. Strain the potatoes and onion through acolanderinto a largebowl(set the strained oil aside).
- Beat 6 eggs separately, then stir into the potatoes with 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley and plenty of salt and pepper. Heat a little of the strained oil in a smaller pan.
- Tip everything into the pan and cook on a moderate heat, using aspatulato shape the omelette into a cushion.
- When almost set, invert on a plate and slide back into the pan and cook a few more minutes.
- Invert twice more, cooking the omelette briefly each time and pressing the edges to keep the cushion shape. Slide on to a plate and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Omelette recipe for 4 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has new potato, onion, extra-virgin olive oil, flat-leaf parsley and egg.Add to Favourites