- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 619
- Fat Content: 43g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 51g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 2.33g
Red onion, feta & olive tart
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- red-onion - 2 large red onions, trimmed at the root and cut into thin wedges
- light-muscovado-sugar - 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- balsamic-vinegar - 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ready-rolled-puff-pastry - 375g sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- feta-cheese - 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- black-olive - 175g black olive, pitted and chopped
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Heat the oil in a frying pan, then gently fry the onions for about 10 mins until golden and soft. Add the sugar and balsamic vinegar, then cook for a further 5 mins until the juices are reduced and syrupy. Leave to cool.
- Unroll the puff pastry onto a baking tray. Score a line a finger-width in from the edge all the way around, then cover the middle with the onion mix. Scatter the feta and olives over. Season and drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the topping.
- Bake for 15 mins or until the pastry is risen and golden and the base is crisp. Cut into wedges and serve with a green salad.
Vegetarian Christmas canapé recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, red onion, light muscovado sugar, balsamic vinegar, ready-rolled puff pastry, feta cheese, black olive and extra-virgin olive oil.