- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 407
- Fat Content: 29g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 2.23g
Red pepper hummus
- chickpea - 410g can chickpeas
- garlic-clove - 1 large garlic clove
- red-pepper - 2 roasted red peppers from a jar
- lemon-juice - 1 tbsp lemon juice
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a bit extra for drizzling
- chilli-powder - 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- breadstick - Italian breadsticks, celery sticks and radishes with the leaves on, to serve
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas, then tip them into a food processor. Peel the garlic and crush in with the chickpeas, along with plenty of salt and pepper. Whizz briefly.
- Remove any stray seeds from the peppers, then add them to the processor with the lemon juice, olive oil and chilli. Blitz again until really smooth. Taste and add extra seasoning and chilli for more of a kick, if you like.
- Spoon into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and serve with celery sticks, radishes and a stack of breadsticks for dipping.
Hummus recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has chickpea, garlic clove, red pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, chilli powder and breadstick.