- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 6 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 222
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
Red & white potato salad with pickled onions
- new-potato - 1 1/4 kg red Roseval new potatoes
- red-onion - 1 large red onion, halved and cut into thin half-moons
- white-wine-vinegar - 100ml white wine vinegar
- soured-cream - 150ml soured cream
- mayonnaise - 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- dijon-mustard - 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- celery - 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- gherkin - 1 gherkin from a jar, finely chopped
- dill - 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- Put the potatoes in a pan of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 mins or until tender and a knife goes in easily. Meanwhile, combine the onion and vinegar in a large bowl, cover and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pan, then stand for 5 mins to steam-dry. Slice them into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl with the onion and vinegar, season with salt to taste and toss to combine. Cover and chill until cold.
- Combine the soured cream, mayonnaise and mustard, then add to the cold potatoes with the celery, gherkin and dill. Stir with a spatula until well combined, taking care not to break up the potatoes too much. Season to taste, then chill for at least 1 hr before serving.
Healthy picnic recipe for 6 – 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has new potato, red onion, white wine vinegar, soured cream, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, celery, gherkin and dill.