- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 491
- Fat Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 61g
- Sugar Content: 31g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 0g
- porridge-oats - 150g porridge oats
- jumbo-oats - 150g jumbo oats
- mixed-nuts - 50g mixed nuts
- pumpkin-seeds - 25g pumpkin seeds
- sunflower-seed - 25g sunflower seeds
- golden-caster-sugar - 50g golden caster sugar
- sunflower-oil - 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- maple-syrup - 2 tbsp maple syrup
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- mixed-spice - 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- ground-ginger - 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- sultana - 100g sultanas
- apricot - 100g apricots, chopped
- sweet - mixture of sweets (we used silver balls, chocolate beans, jelly sweets and hundreds and thousands)
- Heat oven to 140C/120C fan/gas 1. Put all the ingredients (except the apricots, sultanas and sweets) in a large bowl. Stir everything well, then spread out onto two baking trays in an even layer. Put the tray in the oven for 40 mins.
- Leave the granola to cool on the tray, then break it up into small chunks and stir in the sultanas and apricots.
- Put the granola in a jar ready for breakfast. To make it suitable for magic reindeer, put a few spoonfuls into a small paper bag and mix in some sweets.
- Tie with string or a ribbon and add a fun label for Father Christmas to find.
Christmas brunch recipe for 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has porridge oats, jumbo oats, mixed nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seed, golden caster sugar, sunflower oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, mixed spice, ground ginger, sultana, apricot and sweet.