- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 440
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 68g
- Sugar Content: 42g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.67g
- rhubarb - 500g rhubarb, chopped into chunks the length of your thumb
- golden-caster-sugar - 100g golden caster sugar
- port - 3 tbsp port (optional)
- self-raising-flour - 140g self-raising flour
- butter - 85g butter, chilled
- muscovado-sugar - 50g light brown muscovado sugar
- walnut - 50g chopped walnuts (optional)
- Tip 500g thumb-length chunks of rhubarb into a saucepan with 100g golden caster sugar and 3 tbsp port, if using.
- Cover and simmer on a very low heat for 15 mins, adding more sugar if you want. When soft (but still holding its shape) and sweet enough, pour the rhubarb into a medium baking dish.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- To make the topping, rub 140g self-raising flour and 85g chilled butter together with your fingers until you have a soft, crumbly topping.
- Now add 50g light brown muscovado sugar and 50g chopped walnuts, if using. Mix together with your hands.
- Scatter the topping over the rhubarb and bake for 30 mins or until golden brown on top.
- Serve piping hot with a big jug of thick vanilla custard.Refer to the tip for a recipe.
Eat like an athlete recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has rhubarb, golden caster sugar, port, self-raising flour, butter, muscovado sugar and walnut.Add to Favourites