- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 5 - 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 462
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 60g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 22g
- Sodium Content: 1.14g
Rigatoni with spiced prawns, tomatoes & chorizo
- olive-oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- shallot - 2 shallots, diced
- chorizo - 120g uncooked chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- tomato - 6 large tomatoes, chopped
- rigatoni - 350g rigatoni
- prawn - 200g large prawns, shells and tails removed if necessary, chopped
- spring-onion - 2 large spring onions, thinly sliced, keep the whites and greens separate
- Put the oil, shallots and a good grind of pepper in a large, cold frying pan. Place over a low heat and slowly cook for 10 mins, stirring regularly, until softened.
- Add the chorizo to the shallots, turn up the heat (but not too much) and colour a little. When the orange oil is released into the pan, add the tomatoes and a good pinch of salt. Stir over a medium heat - the tomatoes should literally melt in about 10 mins. If the sauce is not bubbling, turn up the heat a little. Add 100ml water and bring to the boil. Gently simmer for a few mins more.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta. Add the prawns to the sauce, bring back to the boil and cook for 1 min until the prawns change colour. Drain the pasta and stir into the sauce with the spring onion whites. Cook and stir for 1 min. Serve sprinkled with the spring onion greens.
Healthy prawn recipe for 5 – 6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, shallot, chorizo, tomato, rigatoni, prawn and spring onion.