- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 173
- Fat Content: 5.4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 2.8g
- Protein Content: 6.4g
- Sodium Content: 0.57g
- tomato - 2 beef tomatoes
- olive-oil - 2 tsp olive oil
- risotto-rice - 50g risotto rice
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, chopped
- courgette - 1 small courgette, chopped
- chestnut-mushroom - 50g chestnut mushroom, wiped and sliced
- vegetable-stock - 250ml vegetable stock (such as Marigold)
- herb - 1/2 tsp dried mixed Italian herbs
- basil-leaf - 6 fresh basil leaves
- parmesan - 1 tbsp finely grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- rocket - handful of rocket leaves
- Slice the tops off the tomatoes and set aside. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the tomatoes with a teaspoon, but be careful not to cut through to the base. Chop the pulp and keep the seeds, but discard the hard, central cores.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and tip in the rice. Fry gently over a low heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently to stop the rice from browning, then add the spring onions, courgette and mushrooms and fry gently for 2 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to fan 170C/conventional 190C/gas 5. Pour in the stock then stir in the dried herbs, tomato pulp and seeds - the seeds will add fibre, and won't be noticeable in the finished dish. Cook gently for about 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently until the rice is tender and the stock has been absorbed - add extra stock or water if necessary. Turn off the heat, tear the basil leaves into the pan and scatter with Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Put the tomatoes in an ovenproof dish and fill each one generously with the risotto. Replace tomato tops and bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes until the tomatoes are tender. Cool for 5 minutes, then serve with a few rocket leaves on top.
Vegetarian risotto recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has tomato, olive oil, risotto rice, spring onion, courgette, chestnut mushroom, vegetable stock, herb, basil leaf, parmesan and rocket.