- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 339
- Fat Content: 22g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.75g
Roast aubergine with goat’s cheese & toasted flatbread
- aubergine - 2 aubergines, thinly sliced lengthways
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- cherry-tomato - 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- flatbread - 1 Middle Eastern flatbread or pitta
- balsamic-vinegar - 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- mint - handful mint leaves
- shallot - 2 shallots, 1 finely chopped, the other thinly sliced
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- goat's-cheese - 50g goat's cheese, crumbled
- rocket - handful wild rocket, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Brush the aubergine slices with 1 tbsp of the oil, then season. Arrange on a baking tray or sheet and roast for 20 mins until browned, popping the tomatoes on the tray for the final 5 mins. Tear the flatbread into pieces and place on a separate baking sheet. Brown in the oven for 8 mins, or until crisp, then remove.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, mix the vinegar, mint, chopped shallots, chilli, remaining oil and some salt and pepper.
- Scatter the aubergine slices, tomatoes, sliced shallot and crisp flatbread into a serving bowl. Pour over the dressing, sprinkle with the goat's cheese and scatter over a little rocket.
Turkish recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has aubergine, extra-virgin olive oil, cherry tomato, flatbread, balsamic vinegar, mint, shallot, red chilli, goat’s cheese and rocket.