- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 546
- Fat Content: 32g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 15g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 52g
- Sodium Content: 0.65g
Roast beef & carrots with easy gravy
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 9.
- Mix 1 tsp plain flour and 1 tsp mustard powder with some seasoning, then rub all over the 950g beef top rump joint.
- Put 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges, and 500g carrots, halved lengthways, into a roasting tin and sit the beef on top, then cook for 20 mins.
- Reduce oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and continue to cook the beef for 30 mins if you like it rare, 40 mins for medium and 1 hr for well done.
- Remove the beef and carrots from the oven, place onto warm plates or platters and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Let the beef rest for 30 mins while you turn up the oven to cook your Yorkshire puds and finish the potatoes.
- For the gravy, put the tin with all the meat juices and onions back onto the hob.
- Stir in 1 tbsp plain flour, scraping all the stuck bits off the bottom of the tin. Cook for 30 seconds, then slowly stir in 250ml beef stock, little by little.
- Bubble to a nice gravy, season, then serve with the beef, carved into slices, carrots and all the other trimmings.
Healthier roast recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has plain flour, mustard, beef, onion, carrot, plain flour and beef stock.Add to Favourites