- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 636
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 84g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 22g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Roast pepper pesto with pasta
- garlic-clove - 6 roasted garlic cloves (use leftovers from our roast pepper & chorizo salad dish - recipe right)
- red-pepper - 4 roasted red peppers (use leftovers from our roast pepper & chorizo salad dish - recipe right)
- cayenne-pepper - 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- almond - 75g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- parmesan - 50g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), roughly chopped, plus extra for serving (optional)
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- pasta - 400g pasta (we used tripolini)
- basil-leaf - large pack basil leaves
- Remove the skin from the roasted garlic cloves. In the small bowl of a food processor, whizz the roasted peppers, garlic, cayenne, almonds, Parmesan and oil until it makes a rough pesto consistency. Taste and season.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain, reserving a little cooking water. Return the pasta to the pan with the pesto, basil and a little of the cooking water, then heat through. Serve with extra Parmesan, if you like.
Healthy pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has garlic clove, red pepper, cayenne pepper, almond, parmesan, olive oil, pasta and basil leaf.