- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 284
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 0.21g
Roast pork with couscous & ginger yogurt
- pork-fillet - 2 pork fillets, each about 500g/1lb 2oz, trimmed of any fat
- olive-oil - 2 tsp olive oil
- ground-cumin - 3 tsp ground cumin
- ground-cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ginger - 4 tsp grated ginger
- couscous - 250g couscous
- sultana - 100g sultanas
- lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- mint - small bunch mint, chopped
- natural-yogurt - 200g fat-free natural yogurt
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Brown the pork in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat for 4-5 mins, turning twice. Mix the oil, 2 tsp cumin, cinnamon, 2 tsp ginger and some seasoning, then rub all over the pork. Transfer to a roasting tin and roast for 30-35 mins or until the juices run clear when the thickest part is pierced with a skewer.
- Mix the couscous with the remaining cumin, the sultanas, lemon zest and juice, then season and pour over 400ml boiling water. Stir well and cover for 5 mins, then stir in the mint.
- Stir the remaining ginger and a little seasoning into the yogurt. Thickly slice the pork and serve with the couscous and ginger yogurt.
Diabetes-friendly recipe for 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has pork fillet, olive oil, ground cumin, ground cinnamon, ginger, couscous, sultana, lemon, mint and natural yogurt.