- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 397
- Fat Content: 27g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Roast salmon with preserved lemon
- lemon - 40g preserved lemon, flesh and pith removed
- gin - 100ml gin
- salmon - 1kg side organic farmed or wild salmon (tail end)
- sea-salt - 50g sea salt
- golden-caster-sugar - 50g golden caster sugar
- thyme-leaf - 1 tsp thyme leaves
- chilli-flakes - 1 tsp chilli flakes
- dill - 1/2 small bunch dill, washed
- lemon - 30g preserved lemons, seeds removed
- olive-oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- In a food processor, blitz together the lemon and gin. Lay your salmon skin-side down in a roasting tin and pour over the lemon and gin mix. Combine the salt, sugar, thyme and chilli flakes, then spoon over the salmon. Cover with cling film and chill for at least 2 hrs.
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Thirty mins before you want to cook the salmon, remove it from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature. To make the roasting oil, blitz the preserved lemons and olive oil. Gently rinse the cure from the salmon and pat dry with kitchen paper. Lay it skin-side down in an oiled roasting tray and pour over the roasting oil, rubbing it all over the fish. Cover the tin tightly with foil and roast for 15 mins.
- Remove the foil and return the fish to the oven for a further 10 mins. Take out of the oven and rest for 5 mins, then scatter over freshly torn dill, to serve.
Low FODMAP recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has lemon, gin, salmon, sea salt, golden caster sugar, thyme leaf, chilli flakes, dill, lemon and olive oil.