- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 672
- Fat Content: 53g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Sugar Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Roasted beetroot & goat’s cheese salad
- beetroot - 250g cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- olive-oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- balsamic-vinegar - 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- green-bean - 200g green beans, trimmed
- mixed-leaf - 145g bag mixed leaves
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- goat's-cheese - 100g goat's cheese round, halved horizontally
- walnut - 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and put the beetroot in a roasting tin with 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp vinegar and plenty of seasoning. Roast for 8-10 mins until sticky. Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the green beans, cook for 1 min, then drain. Toss in with the beetroot and roast for a further 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining the remaining oil and vinegar in a small bowl, and season well. Put the mixed leaves and cucumber in a bowl and toss together with a little dressing.
- Dip both cheese halves in the chopped walnuts so the tops are covered, then pop in the roasting tin with the beetroot and green beans for a few mins, to soften and toast the nuts.
- Pile the salad onto plates and serve with the remaining dressing drizzled over the top.
Vegetarian lunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has beetroot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, green bean, mixed leaf, cucumber, goat’s cheese and walnut.