- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 290
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Roasted new carrots, cauliflower, grains & carrot-top dressing
- cauliflower - 1 cauliflower, cut into florets, leaves cut into small pieces and stalks trimmed and cut into chunks
- carrot - 400g bunch new season carrots with tops, peeled and tops trimmed and reserved for the dressing (see below)
- cumin-seeds - 2 tsp cumin seeds
- honey - 2 tsp honey
- rapeseed-oil - 3 tbsp rapeseed oil or olive oil
- pearl-barley - 200g spelt or pearl barley
- green-beans - 100g green beans, trimmed
- carrot-tops - carrot tops, see above
- parsley-leaves - 2 handfuls parsley leaves
- mint-leaves - 1 handful mint leaves
- capers - 1 tbsp capers
- dijon-mustard - 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- rapeseed-oil - 100ml rapeseed oil or olive oil
- malt-vinegar - 1 tbsp cider or malt vinegar
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 8. Combine the cauliflower (including the leaves and stalks) and carrots in a bowl with the cumin, honey, 2 tbsp of the oil and season with salt. Line a shallowroasting tinwith baking parchment, tip in the vegetables and roast for 30 mins, turning them occasionally until caramelised.
- While the veg are roasting, cook the grains following pack instructions and add the green beans for the last 5 mins. When everything is cooked, drain and toss with the remaining oil and set aside.
- To make the dressing, tip all the ingredients into a smallfood processoror mini chopper and blitz to a thick paste. Tip the grains and beans onto a platter with the carrots and cauliflower scattered over, then spoon over the dressing and serve any extra on the side.
Healthy summer recipe for 6-8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has cauliflower, carrot, cumin seeds, honey, rapeseed oil, pearl barley, green beans, carrot tops, parsley leaves, mint leaves, capers, dijon mustard, rapeseed oil and malt vinegar.