- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 454
- Carbohydrate Content: 62g
- Fat Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 2.33g
- Sugar Content: 16g
Roasted onion soup with goat’s cheese toasts
- onion - 800g yellow or white onions, sliced
- olive-oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- vegetable-stock - 1l vegetable stock
- wholegrain-mustard - 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- marmite - 1 tsp Marmite
- parsley - handful parsley, roughly chopped
- bread - 8 thick slices bread
- goat's-cheese - 100g soft vegetarian goat's cheese, cubed
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the onions in a roasting tin with the oil, salt and pepper. Give it a good stir, then roast for 45 mins, stirring halfway through, until the onions are tinged brown, but not burnt.
- Tip the onions into a large pan with the stock, mustard and Marmite. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins, then stir in the parsley. Toast 4 of the bread slices then scatter on the cheese. Ladle the soup into bowls, pop a toast into each and serve with the extra slices of bread on the side.
Soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has onion, olive oil, vegetable stock, wholegrain mustard, marmite, parsley, bread and goat’s cheese.