- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 495
- Carbohydrate Content: 57g
- Fat Content: 21g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Roasted red pepper & parsley pesto with penne
- penne - 400g penne
- red-pepper - 290g jar roasted red pepper, drained
- flat-leaf-parsley - large handful flat-leaf parsley, plus a few chopped leaves to garnish
- cashew - 75g unsalted cashew
- garlic-clove - 1 large garlic clove, roughly chopped
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- parmesan - 50g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Meanwhile, put the peppers, parsley, nuts, garlic and olive oil in a small food processor or mini chopper, and whizz to a pesto consistency. Season and mix in the Parmesan.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan with the pesto. Stir and gently heat for 1 min, then sprinkle with a little more chopped parsley and serve.
Low-calorie pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has penne, red pepper, flat-leaf parsley, cashew, garlic clove, extra-virgin olive oil and parmesan.