- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 476
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 63g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.37g
- potato - 1 1/2 kg floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper or King Edward, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- celeriac - 1 celeriac, chopped into large chunks
- carrot - 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped into very large chunks
- parsnip - 3 parsnips, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- plain-flour - 2 tbsp plain flour
- goose-fat - 3 tbsp goose fat
- While the goose is roasting, tip all the vegetables into a pan of cold salted water, then bring to the boil. Boil for exactly 3 mins, then drain well. Scatter the flour over the veg in the colander, then toss well to coat.
- Ladle a good layer of goose fat into a large roasting tin, then place above the goose while it is having its final 10 mins with the foil on. When you open the oven to remove the foil from the goose, remove the tin for the veg. Carefully lay the vegetables in the hot fat, then use a fish slice to turn them until completely coated. Place the veg above the goose for the final 30 mins, turn them over, then return to the oven while the goose rests for 30 mins. Cook until golden and crisp, turning the oven up slightly at the end if needed.
Last-minute Christmas recipe for 6 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has potato, celeriac, carrot, parsnip, plain flour and goose fat.