- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 23
- Fat Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 2g
- Sugar Content: 0.2g
- Fiber Content: 0.3g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Roasted salmon rye toasts
- salmon-fillet - 120g boneless, skinless salmon fillet
- rye-bread - 4 slices German-style rye bread
- creme-fraiche - 4 tbsp low-fat creme fraiche
- cucumber - 1-inch piece cucumber
- coriander-seeds - 1/2 tsp toasted coriander seeds
- white-wine-vinegar - 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- apple - 1/2 apple, cored and cut into small cubes
- red-chilli - 1/4 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- white-wine-vinegar - 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- olive-oil - splash of olive oil
- parsley-leaves - small handful parsley leaves, chopped
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the salmon fillet on a piece of foil. Season, then wrap in the foil and roast for 8 mins until just flaking. Leave to cool.
- To make the pickled cucumber,cutthe cucumber piece in half lengthways. Scrape out the core and discard. Cut in half again, then cut into quarter moons at an angle. Put in a bowl with the coriander, vinegar and a pinch of sugar and salt. Mix well and leave to pickle for at least 15 mins.
- To make the apple & chilli salsa, combine all the ingredients, mix well and season to taste.
- Toast the bread and cut each slice into eight squares. Spread with the creme fraiche and flake the salmon between the toasts. Top half with the pickled cucumber and half with the salsa.
Party food recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has salmon fillet, rye bread, crème fraîche, cucumber, coriander seeds, white wine vinegar, apple, red chilli, white wine vinegar, olive oil and parsley leaves.