- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 194
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Roasted spiced cauliflower
- ras-el-hanout - 1 tsp ras el hanout
- cinnamon - 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- smoked-paprika - 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- olive-oil - 1 tsp olive oil
- greek-yogurt - 170g pot Greek yogurt
- cauliflower - 1 small cauliflower
- tahini - 2 tbsp tahini
- lemon - juice 2 lemons
- chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, drained
- pitta-bread - 2 wholemeal pitta breads (or gluten-free alternative)
- pomegranate-seed - 110g pack pomegranate seeds (or seeds from 1 small pomegranate)
- sunflower-seed - 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, toasted
- flat-leaf-parsley - small handful flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, chopped
- mint - small handful mint, leaves only, chopped
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. In a small bowl, mix together the ras el hanout, cinnamon, paprika, garlic, oil and yogurt. Take the cauliflower and remove the outer leaves and the base of the stalk so that it sits flat in a large roasting tin. Rub the spiced yogurt mixture all over it then pour 100ml water into the roasting tin around the base of the cauliflower. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the tahini in a bowl and slowly add the lemon juice, stirring constantly, to make a smooth sauce - it should be the consistency of single cream. Chill until needed.
- When the cauliflower has roasted, remove the foil and return to the oven for a further 10-15 mins. Put the chickpeas in a saucepan with 50ml water and cook over a medium heat until piping hot. Season, then crush with a potato masher - you want some to be smooth and others to be just a little broken. Stir in 1 tsp of the tahini sauce.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven and put the pitta bread in to warm for 2-3 mins while you cut the cauliflower into 8 wedges.
- To serve, place a warmed pitta bread on each plate, top with the crushed chickpeas followed by the cauliflower wedges. Drizzle with the remaining tahini sauce and sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds, sunflower seeds and herbs. Serve warm or cold.
Healthy dinner recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has ras el hanout, cinnamon, smoked paprika, garlic clove, olive oil, greek yogurt, cauliflower, tahini, lemon, chickpea, pitta bread, pomegranate seed, sunflower seed, flat-leaf parsley and mint.