- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 277
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Sugar Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Roasted squash with pesto & mozzarella
- butternut-squash - 1 small butternut squash, halved and sliced into 2cm-thick slices
- olive-oil - 3 tsp olive oil
- chilli - 1 tsp dried crushed chilli
- red-onion - 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- red-pepper - 2 red peppers, cut into chunky pieces
- rocket - 50g bag rocket leaves
- lemon - juice 1/2 lemon
- mozzarella - 125g ball light mozzarella
- pesto - 4 tbsp fresh pesto
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Place the squash on a large baking tray. Toss with 2 tsp of the oil, chilli and seasoning. Bake for 15 mins.
- Take tray out of the oven and turn the squash. Scatter the onion and peppers over the top and return to the oven for a further 25 mins or until vegetables are tender and lightly charred.
- Toss the rocket leaves with the remaining oil, lemon juice and some pepper. Pile onto plates and divide the squash, onion and peppers on top. Tear the mozzarella over the salads and spoon over the pesto. Serve warm.
300 calorie meal recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has butternut squash, olive oil, chilli, red onion, red pepper, rocket, lemon, mozzarella and pesto.