- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 399
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 58g
- Sugar Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 0.86g
Roasted veg & couscous salad
- yellow-pepper - 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, halved and deseeded
- butternut-squash - 1/2 butternut squash
- courgette - 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- garlic-clove - 4 garlic cloves, leave skin on
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- red-onion - 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- cumin-seed - 1 tsp cumin seeds
- harissa-paste - 1 tbsp harissa paste
- almond - 50g whole blanched almonds
- couscous - 250g couscous
- vegetable-stock - 300ml hot vegetable stock
- lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- mint - 20g pack mint, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut peppers and squash into bite-size pieces (leave skin on the squash). Tip all the veg into a baking tray, add garlic, 2 tbsp oil and seasoning, then mix and roast for 20 mins. Add onion, cumin, harissa and almonds. Roast for another 20 mins, then cool.
- Put couscous into a large bowl, pour over the stock, cover, then set aside for 10 mins. Fluff up with a fork.
- In a bowl, mix zest, juice and remaining oil. Squeeze garlic pulp from skins into the bowl, mash well and fold in the mint. Pour over the veg, then toss with the couscous.
Low-calorie lunch recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has yellow pepper, butternut squash, courgette, garlic clove, extra-virgin olive oil, red onion, cumin seed, harissa paste, almond, couscous, vegetable stock, lemon and mint.