- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 371
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 51g
- Sugar Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 0.41g
Roasted vegetable couscous with mascarpone
- red-pepper - 4 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- courgette - 2 courgettes, halved and then cut into thick sticks
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, peeled and bruised
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- sugar - 1/2 tsp sugar
- tomato - 6 tomatoes, quartered
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- couscous - 200g couscous
- chickpea - 400g can chickpea, rinsed and drained
- mascarpone - 50g mascarpone or full-fat soft cheese (add a little more if you like)
- parsley - small handful chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and put the kettle on. Put the red peppers and courgettes in a roasting tray with the garlic, olive oil, sugar and some seasoning. Roast them in the oven for 20 mins, then add the tomatoes and sliced chilli. Roast for 20 mins more until the tomatoes and peppers are bursting with juices.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl stir together the couscous and chickpeas, and pour over 200-250ml boiling water until just covered. Cling film the bowl and leave to stand for 10 mins, then fluff up with a fork, adding more water if needed.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and stir in the mascarpone. Divide the couscous between 4 plates, top with the roasted veg and finish with some chopped parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
Student recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has red pepper, courgette, garlic clove, olive oil, sugar, tomato, red chilli, couscous, chickpea, mascarpone and parsley.