- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 644
- Fat Content: 42g
- Saturated Fat Content: 21g
- Carbohydrate Content: 57g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 2.65g
Roquefort toasts with peppered pears
- pear - 2 just-ripe pears, cored, then each cut into 8
- olive-oil - 1 tsp mild olive oil
- peppercorn - peppercorns, crushed (we used a mix of colours)
- roquefort - 85g roquefort
- cream - 5 tbsp double or whipping cream
- salad - 2 handfuls baby salad leaves
- sourdough-bread - slices from sourdough bread loaf, halved and toasted just before serving
- walnut-oil - 1 tsp walnut oil
- olive-oil - 2 tsp mild olive oil
- vinegar - 1 1/2 tsp wine vinegar (red or white)
- honey - 1/2 tsp honey
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot, brush or toss the pears with a little oil, sprinkle with the crushed pepper, then griddle for 1-2 mins on each side until nicely striped.
- Put the cheese into a mixing bowl, break it up a little with a wooden spoon, then beat it until almost smooth. Very softly whip the cream in a small bowl, then fold into the cheese and spoon into 2 small ramekins or pots.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together with some seasoning, turn the leaves in the dressing a few times to coat, then serve with the toasted sourdough, griddled pears and the cheese.
Christmas cheeseboard recipe for 2 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has pear, olive oil, peppercorn, roquefort, cream, salad, sourdough bread, walnut oil, olive oil, vinegar and honey.