- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 288
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 37g
- Sodium Content: 0.25g
Rosemary chicken with oven-roasted ratatouille
- aubergine - 1 aubergine, cut into chunky pieces
- courgette - 2 courgettes, sliced into half-moons
- pepper - 3 mixed peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- rosemary - 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary, plus 4 small sprigs
- garlic-clove - 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- chicken-breast - 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- baby-plum-tomato - 250g cherry or baby plum tomato, halved
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a large roasting tin, toss together the aubergine, courgettes and peppers with half the chopped rosemary, half the garlic, 2 tbsp oil and some seasoning. Spread out the vegetables in an even layer, then roast in the oven for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining rosemary, garlic and oil together. Slash each of the chicken breasts 4-5 times with a sharp knife, brush over the flavoured oil, season and chill for 15 mins.
- After veg have cooked for 20 mins, stir in the tomatoes. Make spaces in the roasting tin and nestle the chicken breasts amongst the vegetables. Place a rosemary sprig on top of each chicken breast. Return the tin to the oven for 18-20 mins, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are lightly caramelised. Serve with some new potatoes, if you like.
Dairy-free dinner recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has aubergine, courgette, pepper, rosemary, garlic clove, olive oil, chicken breast and baby plum tomato.