- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 2 - 3
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 214
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Runner bean tortilla with tomato salad
- runner-bean - 200g runner beans, cut into thin strips
- egg - 5 eggs
- lemon - 1 lemon, zested, 1/2 juiced
- garlic-clove - 2 large garlic cloves, finely grated
- olive - 3 pimento-stuffed olives, thickly sliced
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- parmesan - 1 tbsp parmesan or vegetarian alternative, finely grated (optional)
- red-onion - 1 red onion, finely chopped
- tomato - 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- basil - 1/2 pack basil, chopped
- rocket-leaves - few rocket leaves, optional
- Bring apanof water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 5 mins or until just tender, then drain.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with the lemon zest, garlic, olives and some pepper, then stir in the beans. Heat the oil in a 23cmnon-stick frying pan. Pour in the egg mixture and gently stir for the first couple of mins so that you see the egg cooking and the raw egg flowing into the base of the pan as you move it. Leave to firm up for a few mins, then turn off the heat, cover and leave for 5 mins so that any raw egg on top cooks through.
- Put the lemon juice in a bowl and add the onion. Toss well, then add the tomatoes, basil and rocket (if using). Serve with wedges of tortilla, dusted with some parmesan if you like.
High protein lunch recipe for 2 – 3 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has runner bean, egg, lemon, garlic clove, olive, rapeseed oil, parmesan, red onion, tomato, basil and rocket leaves.