- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 162
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Rustic vegetable soup
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- onion - 1 large onion, chopped
- carrot - 2 carrots, chopped
- celery-stick - 2 celery sticks, chopped
- red-lentil - 50g dried red lentils
- vegetable-bouillon - 1 1/2 l boiling vegetable bouillon (we used Marigold)
- tomato-puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- fresh-thyme - 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- leek - 1 leek, finely sliced
- cauliflower-florets - 175g bite-sized cauliflower florets
- courgette - 1 courgette, chopped
- garlic-cloves - 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- savoy-cabbage - 1/2 large Savoy cabbage, stalks removed and leaves chopped
- basil - 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan with a lid. Add the onion, carrots and celery and fry for 10 mins, stirring from time to time until they are starting to colour a little around the edges. Stir in the lentils and cook for 1 min more.
- Pour in the hot bouillon, add the tomato puree and thyme and stir well. Add the leek, cauliflower, courgette, and garlic, bring to the boil, then cover and leave to simmer for 15 mins.
- Add the cabbage and basil and cook for 5 mins more until the veg is just tender. Season with pepper, ladle into bowls and serve.Will keep in the fridge for a couple of days. Freezes well. Thaw, then reheat in a pan until piping hot.
Low-calorie soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, onion, carrot, celery stick, red lentil, vegetable bouillon, tomato purée, fresh thyme, leek, cauliflower florets, courgette, garlic cloves, savoy cabbage and basil.