- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 553
- Fat Content: 32g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 32g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Saag paneer kedgeree
- large-eggs - 2 large eggs
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- red-onion - 1 red onion, finely sliced
- paneer - 115g paneer, cut into 2-3cm, cubes
- medium-curry-powder - 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- spinach - 250g frozen spinach
- coconut-rice-pouch - 200g cooked coconut rice pouch
- red-chilli - 1/2 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- Bring a medium pan of water to the boil. Add the eggs and cook for 7 mins, then put them in a bowl of cold water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or shallow casserole dish. Add the onion and fry over a medium-high heat for 5 mins. Tip in the paneer and fry for 5 mins or until evenly browned and the onion is beginning to caramelise.
- Add the curry powder and fry for 1 min, then add the spinach. Cover with a lid and cook for a few mins to allow the spinach to defrost. Uncover, add the rice, turn up the heat and cook for a few mins more or until everything is piping hot. Season. Peel the eggs, halve and place on top of the rice. Finish with a scattering of chilli, if you like.
Quick vegetarian recipe for 2 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has large eggs, vegetable oil, red onion, paneer, medium curry powder, spinach, coconut rice pouch and red chilli.