- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 463
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 0.32g
Salmon & ginger fish cakes
- sweet-potato - 1 large sweet potato, cut into chips
- olive-oil - 4 tsp olive oil
- salmon-fillet - 2 x 140g/5oz skinless salmon fillets
- ginger - thumbnail-size piece ginger, grated
- lime - zest 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- spring-onion - 1/2 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- mayonnaise - 2 tbsp mayonnaise mixed with wasabi (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the chips in a roasting tin with 1 tsp oil. Season and bake for 20-25 mins.
- Chop the salmon as finely as you can and place in a bowl with the ginger, lime zest and seasoning. Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan and soften the spring onions for 2 mins. Stir into the salmon, mix well and shape into 4 patties.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan and cook the patties for 3-4 mins each side until golden and cooked through. Cover with a lid and leave to rest for a few mins. Serve 2 patties each with the chips, mayo and lime wedges for squeezing.
Healthy salmon recipe for 2 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has sweet potato, olive oil, salmon fillet, ginger, lime, spring onion and mayonnaise.Add to Favourites