- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 514
- Fat Content: 30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
Salmon & lemon rice pastry parcel
- medium-egg - 3 medium eggs, 1 lightly whisked
- basmati-rice - 250g pack ready-cooked lemon basmati rice (we used Tilda)
- creme-fraiche - 3 tbsp low-fat creme fraiche
- parsley - small bunch parsley, chopped
- caper - 1 1/2 tbsp caper, rinsed and chopped
- spring-onion - 4 spring onions, sliced
- salmon-fillet - 3 hot-smoked salmon fillets (about 225g/8oz), skin removed, flaked
- red-pepper - 100g ready-roasted red pepper from a jar, drained and chopped
- plain-flour - plain flour, for dusting
- puff-pastry - 500g pack all-butter puff pastry
- new-potato - new potato, to serve (optional)
- Boil 2 of the eggs in a small pan of water for 8 mins. Cool under cold water, peel and quarter. In a large bowl, mix the rice, creme fraiche, parsley, capers, spring onions, salmon and peppers. Season well.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide the pastry into 2, then roll out each piece to a rectangle about 27 x 21cm, making one slightly larger than the other. Lay the smaller rectangle on a baking sheet and spoon the rice mix on top, leaving a small border around the edge. Nestle the egg quarters in the rice. Brush the pastry edge with a little beaten egg, then top with the remaining pastry and seal the edges well with a fork. Trim any excess pastry. Chill for 15 mins. Meanwhile, heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Brush the parcel all over with beaten egg and make a small slit in the top. Bake for 25 mins until golden and hot. Serve in slices with new potatoes, if you like.
Posh budget recipe for 6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has medium egg, basmati rice, crème fraîche, parsley, caper, spring onion, salmon fillet, red pepper, plain flour, puff pastry and new potato.