- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 475
- Fat Content: 22g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Salmon pasta salad with lemon & capers
- wholewheat-penne - 85g wholewheat penne
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- red-pepper - 1 large red pepper, roughly chopped
- salmon-fillet - 2 frozen, skinless wild salmon fillets (about 120g each)
- lemon - 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- garlic-cloves - 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- shallot - 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- caper - 2 tbsp capers
- kalamata-olives - 6 pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- rocket - 2 handfuls rocket
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the rapeseed oil in a frying pan, add the pepper, cover and leave for about 5 mins until it softens and starts to char a little. Stir, then push the pepper to one side and add the salmon. Cover and fry for 8-10 mins until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, mix the lemon zest and juice in a large bowl with the garlic, shallot, capers and olives.
- Add the cooked pepper and salmon to the bowl. Drain the pasta and add it too, with black pepper and the olive oil. Toss everything together, flaking the salmon as you do so. If eating now, toss through the rocket; if packing a lunch, leave to cool, then put in a container with the rocket on top and mix through just before eating.
Healthy salad recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has wholewheat penne, rapeseed oil, red pepper, salmon fillet, lemon, garlic cloves, shallot, caper, kalamata olives, extra virgin olive oil and rocket.