- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 445
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 29g
- Sodium Content: 1.18g
Salmon, squash & prawn laksa
- laksa-paste - 185g jar laksa paste (or use 2-3 tbsp Thai red curry paste)
- butternut-squash - 1 small butternut squash (about 600g/1lb 5oz once peeled), cut into chunks
- coconut-milk - 400g can coconut milk
- chicken-stock - 600ml chicken stock
- rice-noodle - 140g medium rice noodle, soaked in boiling water and drained
- beansprout - 300g pack beansprout
- salmon-fillet - 400g skinless salmon fillet, cut into large chunks
- prawn - 200g tail-on prawn
- spring-onion - bunch spring onions, sliced
- coriander - small bunch coriander leaves, to serve
- lime - lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the paste in a large saucepan and fry the squash for a few mins until well coated in the paste. Pour in the coconut milk and stock, and simmer for 10 mins. The squash should still have a bite to it. Add the drained noodles and beansprouts.
- To freeze, turn off the heat immediately and leave to cool, then transfer to a suitable container for freezing. If you're making this to eat now, add the salmon and prawns, and cook for 4-5 mins until the fish is cooked through.
- If frozen, defrost overnight in the fridge, then return to a large saucepan. Add the salmon and prawns, cover, bring to the boil and simmer until the fish is cooked - it should only take 1-2 mins. Stir through the spring onions, then sprinkle with coriander and serve with some lime wedges.
Holiday-at-home recipe for 6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has laksa paste, butternut squash, coconut milk, chicken stock, rice noodle, beansprout, salmon fillet, prawn, spring onion, coriander and lime.