- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 471
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 43g
- Sodium Content: 2.2g
Salt duck with spinach, potatoes & bacon
- One day ahead:Place the duck legs in a dish and sprinkle over the salt, rubbing it into the skin. Cover with cling film and chill.
- On the day:Rinse the duck legs under cold water to remove the salt. Pat dry with a clean towel. Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/ gas 3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Place the duck, fat-side down, in the pan and cook gently for 15 mins until crisp and golden.
- Flip the duck and pour off the fat into a small bowl - keep this for later. Cook for a further 15-20 mins, then transfer to a roasting dish. If your pan isn't big enough, cook the duck in batches. When all the duck is cooked, put in the oven for 40-50 mins while you finish the dish.
- Put the onions in a pan with 1 tbsp of the reserved duck fat and gently cook for 20 mins until golden. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 15 mins in a pan of salted water, then drain, peel and leave to cool.
- Tip 2 tbsp of the reserved fat into the duck pan and add the potatoes, bacon, onions and sage. Fry for 10 mins until golden, then add the spinach. Cook for 4 mins to wilt the spinach, then add the vinegar. Turn up the heat to bubble off any excess liquid, then spread this over a large serving plate. Arrange the duck on top and serve.
Summer roast recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has duck leg, sea salt, sunflower oil, onion, potato, lardon, sage, spinach and sherry vinegar.