- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 345
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Sugar Content: 29g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Salted caramel brownies
- unsalted-butter - 200g unsalted butter, plus a little extra for greasing
- chocolate - 100g chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- chocolate - 100g chocolate, 50% cocoa solids
- caramel - 397g can Carnation caramel
- sea-salt - 1 tsp flaky sea salt, plus a little extra for the top
- golden-caster-sugar - 200g golden caster sugar
- egg - 4 medium eggs, at room temperature
- plain-flour - 130g plain flour
- cocoa-powder - 50g cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Grease then line a 23cm squaretraybake tinwith baking parchment.
- Melt 200g unsalted butter in a mediumpan, break in 100g chocolate (70% cocoa solids) and 100g chocolate (50% cocoa solids), then remove the pan from the heat and wait for the cubes to melt.
- In a smallbowl, mix 175g Carnation caramel from a 397g can with 1 tsp sea salt - it will loosen up.
- Put the rest of the caramel in a large bowl with 200g golden caster sugar and 4 medium eggs, and beat with anelectric hand mixer or balloon whiskuntil even. Whisk in the chocolate and butter.
- In another bowl, combine 130g plain flour, 50g cocoa powder and a good pinch of table salt, then sift this on top of the chocolate mix. Beat briefly until smooth.
- Pour half the brownie batter into the tin and level it with aspatula.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon half of the salted caramel on top of the batter layer in 5 thick, evenly spaced stripes.
- Spoon the rest of the brownie batter on top and smooth it out, trying not to disturb the caramel beneath. Top with the rest of the caramel in the same stripy fashion. Drag askeweror tip of a knife through the caramel to make a feathered pattern on the top.
- Scatter with a little more sea salt, then bake for 25-30 mins or until risen all the way to the middle with a firm crust on top. When ready, the brownie will jiggle just a little when you shake the tin.
- Let it cool completely in the tin, then cut into squares.
Easter baking recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has unsalted butter, chocolate, chocolate, caramel, sea salt, golden caster sugar, egg, plain flour and cocoa powder.