- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 358
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Sugar Content: 29g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Salted caramel pecan sour
- pecan - 100g pecans, finely chopped
- golden-caster-sugar - 160g golden caster sugar
- sea-salt - 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- vodka - Reyka 300ml vodka
- egg-white - 3 egg whites
- juice - 120ml fresh clementine juice (about 2-3 clementines)
- chocolate-bitters - 18 drops chocolate bitters (we used Fee brothers Aztec chocolate bitters)
- ice - ice
- dehydrated-orange-slices - 6 dehydrated orange slices, to serve
- nutmeg - good grating of nutmeg, to serve
- Toast the pecans in a dry saucepan for 1-2 mins, then take off the heat. Quickly add the sugar and 80ml water, stir rapidly to dissolve the sugar, add the salt, then leave the mixture to cool completely. Pour through a sieve to remove the pecans.
- Pour the pecan salted caramel syrup, vodka, egg whites, clementine juice and bitters into a cocktail shaker. Shake hard for 30 secs to add volume to the egg white. Add some ice and shake again for a further 15 secs, then strain into rocks or coupe glasses. Garnish each with a dehydrated orange slice and grate fresh nutmeg over, to taste. Serve immediately.
Caramel recipe for 6 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has pecan, golden caster sugar, sea salt, vodka, egg white, juice, chocolate bitters, ice, dehydrated orange slices and nutmeg.