- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 536
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 75g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Sardine pasta with crunchy parsley crumbs
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- breadcrumbs - 50g dried breadcrumbs
- garlic-cloves - 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- rosemary - 1 rosemary sprig, leaves finely chopped
- sardine - 2 x 120g cans sardines, drained
- passata - 500g passata
- black-olives - 50g sliced black olives, drained
- linguine - 350g linguine or fusilli
- parsley - small pack parsley, leaves chopped
- parmesan - 25g parmesan, finely grated
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, until they start to turn golden. Add another 1 tsp oil and the garlic. Cook, stirring, for a moment, then tip onto a plate and set aside to cool.
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil. Return the frying pan to a medium heat. Add the remaining 1 tsp olive oil with the rosemary and the sardines. Cook for 2-3 mins, gently breaking up the sardines with a wooden spoon. Pour in the passata, add the olives and leave to simmer gently for about 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook following pack instructions. Stir the parsley and half the Parmesan into the breadcrumbs. Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water. Add a splash of the water to the tomato sauce until it is thin enough to coat the pasta, then stir in the remaining Parmesan. Toss the pasta in the sauce and serve in bowls, each topped with a handful of the crunchy breadcrumbs.
Healthy pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, breadcrumbs, garlic cloves, rosemary, sardine, passata, black olives, linguine, parsley and parmesan.