- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 339
- Fat Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Satay tofu skewers with garlic & ginger pak choi
- peanut-butter - 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- soy-sauce - 1 tsp light soy sauce
- chilli-flakes - pinch of chilli flakes
- lime - 1 lime, 1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into wedges
- tofu - 200g firm tofu (see tip, below), cut into chunks
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, sliced
- ginger - small piece of ginger, sliced
- pak-choi - 200g pak choi, leaves separated
- peanuts - 1 tbsp roasted peanuts
- skewers - 4 skewers (soak in cold water for 20 mins if they're wooden)
- Mix the peanut butter, soy, chilli and lime juice together with 50ml water. Pour half into aroasting tin, add the chunks of tofu and stir to coat. Leave to marinate for 30 mins if you have time, then thread onto four skewers and put on abaking tray.
- Heat the grill to its highest setting. Grill the tofu for 4 mins on each side until nicely browned and crisp. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan orwok. Add the garlic and ginger and sizzle for 1 min or so, then tip in the pak choi and cook for about 3 mins until wilted.
- Divide the pak choi and skewers between plates. Sprinkle over the peanuts, drizzle over the remaining sauce and serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
Healthy vegan recipe for 2 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has peanut butter, soy sauce, chilli flakes, lime, tofu, rapeseed oil, garlic clove, ginger, pak choi, peanuts and skewers.