- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 386
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 38g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
Saucy chicken & vegetables
- chicken-breast - 2 chicken breasts, skin on
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- new-potato - 200g new potato, thinly sliced
- chicken-stock - 500ml chicken stock
- vegetable - 200g pack of mixed spring vegetables (broccoli, peas, broad beans and sliced courgette)
- creme-fraiche - 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- tarragon - handful tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- Fry the chicken in the oil in a wide pan for 5 mins on each side. Throw in the potatoes and stir to coat. Pour over the chicken stock, cover and simmer for 10 mins until the potatoes are almost cooked through.
- Remove the lid and turn the heat to high. Boil the stock down until it just coats the bottom of the pan. Scatter the vegetables into the pan, cover again and cook the veg for about 3 mins.
- Stir in the creme fraiche to make a creamy sauce, season with pepper and salt, if you want, then add the tarragon. Serve straight from the pan.
Ultimate recipe for 2 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has chicken breast, olive oil, new potato, chicken stock, vegetable, crème fraîche and tarragon.