- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 552
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 91g
- Sugar Content: 32g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 2.1g
Saucy Japanese greens with sticky sesame rice
- caster-sugar - 1 tbsp caster sugar
- sushi-rice - 140g sushi rice
- sesame-seed - 1 tbsp sesame seed, toasted
- sesame-oil - 1 tsp sesame oil
- sunflower-oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- broccoli - 250g long-stemmed broccoli, such as Tenderstem or purple sprouting
- pak-choi - 90g pack baby pak choi, each halved lengthways
- spring-onion - 6 spring onions, halved lengthways
- miso-paste - 2 tbsp brown miso paste
- mirin - 1 tbsp mirin
- rice-wine-vinegar - 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- brown-sugar - 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- ginger - 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced
- Stir together all the sauce ingredients with 1 tbsp water. Set aside.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil with the caster sugar and 1/2 tsp salt. Add the rice and boil for 15 mins (or following pack instructions) until just cooked. Drain well and return to the pan. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and sesame oil, then cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok until very hot, then toss in the broccoli and stir-fry for 2-3 mins until almost tender, adding splashes of water occasionally to create steam. Add the pak choi and spring onions, and stir-fry for 30 secs, then stir in the sauce and cook for a further 1-2 mins, stirring constantly.
- Spread the rice over 2 plates, divide over the stir-fry and serve straight away.
Stir-fry recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has caster sugar, sushi rice, sesame seed, sesame oil, sunflower oil, broccoli, pak choi, spring onion, miso paste, mirin, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, ginger and red chilli.Add to Favourites