- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 645
- Fat Content: 30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 74g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Sodium Content: 2.77g
Saucy sausage pasta
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- pork-sausage - packet of 8 pork sausages (the best your budget will allow), cut into chunky pieces
- onion - 1 large onion, chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- chilli-powder - 1 tsp chilli powder
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- pasta - 300g short pasta such as fusilli or farfalle (just over half a 500g bag)
- Put a large pan of water on to boil.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a largefrying panand fry chunky pieces of 8 pork sausages on a fairly high heat until they are golden brown all over.
- Now turn the heat down and add 1 large chopped onion and 2 crushed garlic cloves, cooking them until they have softened.
- Stir in 1 tsp chilli powder and 400g chopped tomatoes with the sausages, bring the sauce to the boil then turn the heat down and let it bubble for about 10 minutes while you cook the pasta.
- Drop 300g pasta into the pan of boiling water and cook according to the pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta, then tip it into the frying pan with the sausage sauce, mixing well to coat. Dish up immediately with crusty bread.
Easy pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, pork sausage, onion, garlic clove, chilli powder, chopped tomato and pasta.Add to Favourites